Home Builders Advantage (HBA) are excited to be partnering with Beyond Broking a fantastic financial service provider. Our partnership means better rates and optimal buying power for you, our clients.
Designing your custom home with HBA will be a rewarding experience. We will encourage you to turn your dreams into reality at every stage of the process. The combined team of Beyond Broking and HBA will guide you carefully through the process and make sure that you get the best home that you can afford from your hard earned dollars.
Before committing to the biggest financial commitment of your life, we encourage a rigorous financial health check. HBA’s finance partners Brian and Jess of Beyond Broking can arrange for a specialist review of your personal circumstances and advise you on how they can assist you to secure the very best financing available for your project.
Once you know what you can afford, the following tips from HBA’s team will help you with some design decisions.
• Make the most of the natural features, contours and shape of your block, this will save a fortune in foundation work and retaining walls.
• Exploit the R coding of your block. Adding space does cost money but Home Builders Advantage can advise you as to which areas of the build cost less, resulting in a larger home for the lowest possible price.
• Place all your main living areas to the north facing side of your block. Winter sun can greatly reduce your heating bills and the summer sun on entertaining areas will improve the appeal of the home.
• Conversely keep the bedrooms on the south facing elevation wherever possible. A cool bedroom away from the hot summer sun will reduce air-conditioning costs and improve the livability of your home.
• Minimise the roof shape. Complex hip and valley roof construction will increase the cost of your build.
• Keep the perimeter of the home as regular as possible. Lots of indents and direction changes adds considerable length to the perimeter, increasing the build cost considerably.
• Use standard window and door sizes from a widely used range. The building will be easier to construct and a large reputable supplier will have better after sales service for spare parts if you encounter problems down the track.
• Consider built in cupboards robes and storage spaces in opposed to freestanding units. Built-in’s save a huge amount of space in your rooms.
• Build in as much whole of life savings as you can afford. Build with low maintenance in mind and install appliances or equipment that won’t date too quickly or cost much in energy to run.
• Take advantage of HBA’s huge buying power and specify as much as possible for your home within the build package. You will benefit from the great deals that we have in place with major suppliers that you won’t be made available to you if you shop alone after the completion of the build.
• Stay single storey if you can. Two storey homes are costlier to construct for obvious reasons. However, if your block dictates that you must go up, then Home Builders Advantage designers will custom design your two storey home to the best possible shape, size and price.
• Make the most of your budget in the key areas you’re your friends and family will see in your home. Reduce specifications considerably in the secondary bedrooms, bathrooms, study and less used spaces. This will free-up more money for the powder room, living area, entry and kitchen so that you can wow your guests and still keep the budget tight.
• Keep landscaping simple but effective. Remember, plants and shrubs will grow so specify small sizes to keep the cost down and let nature take its course as your garden matures over time.
• Make sure that your house is not the best in the street! Observe the market prices of the homes around you and design your home so that you fall amongst the median values. Over-capitalising can be costly mistake in the future.
For a thorough review and help with getting the best finance available contact Brian or Jess on 1300 GO BEYOND